GXO Releases Results from Global Survey on E-Commerce and Returns Trends
Key takeaways from the survey include:
- 72% of retailers are investing in their returns management processes.
- More than a quarter of retailers recently invested in additional warehouse space.
- 57% of consumers say having a sustainable returns program is an important factor when making a purchase online.
- In the past 12 months:
- 36% of retailers say online returns have increased.
- 37% of retailers said returns have increased their operational costs.
- 42% of consumers said they returned a piece of apparel online.
GXO is helping customers adjust to growing e-commerce demand – as many as 35% of goods bought online are returned – by providing reverse logistics solutions at greater scale. The need for global reverse logistics is projected to increase substantially: the
The findings noted in the summary are informed primarily by the results of two surveys commissioned by GXO and conducted by Statista. The retailer statistics were derived from 360 respondents representing companies of various sizes in the US,
GXO Logistics, Inc. (NYSE: GXO) is the world’s largest pure-play contract logistics provider. GXO is committed to providing a world-class, diverse workplace for its 94,000 team members across 869 warehouse locations totaling 208 million square feet. The company partners with the world’s leading blue-chip customers to solve complex logistics challenges with technologically advanced supply chain solutions, at scale and with speed. Despite its market leadership, GXO holds only 5% of the fast-growing
+33 (0)6 75 22 52 90
Source: GXO Logistics